Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Influences Of The Story Of Moira: part 7

Greetings everyone,

Welcome to this multi-part series exploring the influences that went into creating the story of Moira's Lake. (I'm sure the title gave that away already).

I decided to break this essay into 8 short chunks, just because I know how much you love reading a long, intimidating block of evil words. (No one likes that. Seriously. No one. Books? Pfffffttt).

So, hopefully you'll enjoy this format better. (Probably not, knowing you. Which I do).


THE STORY SO FAR:
Part 0: What To Write?
Part 1: Eras In Time
Part 2: Ghost Stories
Part 3: Murder Mysteries
Part 4: Love Stories
Part 5: Twists
Part 6: Fate

PART 7 (CONCLUSION): THE EVOLUTION OF MOIRA

Interestingly enough, Moira's Lake started out as a very different story than the one it is today.

No ghosts, no strange romance, no twists.

Still quite dark, still dealing with murder, but in a very different way.

As I continued to write the chord patterns and melodies that would eventually take shape into Moira's Lake, I started incorporating all of the ideas I mentioned previously, one at a time as they came up, and the story took on a whole new direction and plot.

For the better.

Moira slowly developed a life of its own, creating underlying connections, subtleties, and character developments that helped to enrich the environment of the world they live in, even if many people may never pick up on all of it.

In the end the story has become something of a milestone for me personally.

For someone who never really enjoyed writing, I discovered, through the process of this album, that I really like to write stories. In fact, I discovered that I like to write period. Very strange.

Though the story of Moira's Lake evolved fairly drastically over time, the influences and framework for the early version of the 3rd album stayed in my mind, fermenting and changing, and will likely be worked on and developed further into another project in the future.

............

Thanks for reading this little overview exploring the influences that went into creating the story of Moira's Lake.

Later we'll begin to get into more specifics of the characters, dissecting the many plot points, and revealing some of the hidden discoveries of Moira's Lake.

...Assuming I feel like it.

-Niko

RECENT ARTICLES:

RECENT NEWS:

RECENT PODCASTS:

    blog comments powered by Disqus