Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Files! They're All Gone! Nooooooooo!!!!!

They say coffee is the best way to start your day, and start it with coffee I do.

A plenty.

But today started me off with one of the best things in life.

Technical problems.

Oh how I love to deal with technical problems!

(Yes, that was sarcasm. I really hate it).

I got a message on the Envinity facebook page from a new friend of the band named Tim, telling me that he had tried to download Moira's Lake, and had instead received an error.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like a good deal to me.

I became a bit worried, and looked into the situation. The website was up, but just like Tim described, when I tried to download the album, ERROR!

It's like the file was missing. But how could that be?

Checking the files on the server I was faced with a startling conclusion:

MOIRA WAS MISSING!!!

"What the hell??" I said out loud, as I continually reloaded the screen.

Still gone.

I looked through other folders and found out that all of the podcast mp3's were also gone!

What the??!!

After spending some wonderful time chatting the day away with customer support, I found out that my webhost apparently does not support streaming media... which was news to me.

"Son of a bitch! What good are you now?!" Though I never actually said that to anyone but myself.

Long story short, I spent the majority of my afternoon off dealing with problems, locating new file sharing solutions, and uploading huge files. Goody!

The good news is that everything should be up and running again for Moira's Lake (if not let me know).

The podcasts will be uploaded and linked back to the blogs again in the next 24 hours. (I know how much you are desperate to hear us ramble on about nonsense). 

Over all, kind of a shitty way to wake up and spend the day, but at least it's done now (for the most part). I also took the time to update the download page a bit, which looks better and provides more resources.

Thanks again to Tim on our facebook page for pointing out the problem, and I apologize to everyone who has tried to download the album recently and received an awesome error instead.

I'm tired now. Time for more waking up, with a lot more coffee.



-Niko

RECENT ARTICLES:

RECENT NEWS:

RECENT PODCASTS:

    blog comments powered by Disqus