Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The Influences Of The Story Of Moira: part 3

Greetings everyone,

Welcome to this multi-part series exploring the influences that went into creating the story of Moira's Lake. (I'm sure the title gave that away already).

I decided to break this essay into 8 short chunks, just because I know how much you love reading a long, intimidating block of evil words. (No one likes that. Seriously. No one. Books? Pfffffttt).

So, hopefully you'll enjoy this format better. (Probably not, knowing you. Which I do).


THE STORY SO FAR:
Part 0: What To Write?
Part 1: Eras In Time
Part 2: Ghost Stories

PART 3: MURDER MYSTERIES

I'm always one for a good mystery.

And many of the films I've loved over the years have dealt with murder.

It's quite an overused topic, but it gets used (or over used) for a reason:

We are obsessed with death.

In general we fear what we do not know, and what we do not know most is the idea of death itself.

Hence, so many films, stories, and books about it.

Since I knew that this story was going to take place in another time period, and since I had seen particular color schemes and film styles in my head that I was shooting for musically, I focused on another interest of mine, namely old black and white cinema.

To me, the idea of taking the feel of a film noir murder mystery, combined with the supernatural, was starting to get me excited.

Ideas were flowing, which I'm guessing is a good thing.

But how to combine these interests, so far, was itself, still a mystery.

To be continued in part 4: Love Stories...

-Niko

RECENT ARTICLES:

RECENT NEWS:

RECENT PODCASTS:

    blog comments powered by Disqus