Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Influences Of The Story Of Moira: part 4

Greetings everyone,

Welcome to this multi-part series exploring the influences that went into creating the story of Moira's Lake. (I'm sure the title gave that away already).

I decided to break this essay into 8 short chunks, just because I know how much you love reading a long, intimidating block of evil words. (No one likes that. Seriously. No one. Books? Pfffffttt).

So, hopefully you'll enjoy this format better. (Probably not, knowing you. Which I do).


THE STORY SO FAR:
Part 0: What To Write?
Part 1: Eras In Time
Part 2: Ghost Stories
Part 3: Murder Mysteries

PART 4: LOVE STORIES

I have to admit that I really do like a good romance film.

No, not the modern, shitty, brainless romance comedies they crank out lately.

I mean the epic, tragic romances.

Something Shakespearean.

Stories that rip your guts out and make you want to kill yourself. (In a good way). (Kind of).

God I love that stuff.

Listening to any of my albums, I think you'll quickly find that dealing with emotion, particularly that of love, and all its many varieties, is always a prevalent topic.

Being an overly-emotional person (sometimes), I wanted to add something romantic into the story, to give it more human interests and emotional grounding. (Since that's what people relate to).

So now I had built up a premise of a supernatural murder mystery that has the feeling of an old film noir, and centered around a tragic romance.

Man this was getting fun.

To be continued in part 5: Twists...

-Niko

RECENT ARTICLES:

RECENT NEWS:

RECENT PODCASTS:

    blog comments powered by Disqus