Friday, February 5, 2010

The Influences Of The Story Of Moira: part 1

Greetings everyone,

Welcome to this multi-part series exploring the influences that went into creating the story of Moira's Lake. (I'm sure the title gave that away already).

I decided to break this essay into 8 short chunks, just because I know how much you love reading a long, intimidating block of evil words. (No one likes that. Seriously. No one. Books? Pfffffttt).

So, hopefully you'll enjoy this format better. (Probably not, knowing you. Which I do).


THE STORY SO FAR:
Part 0: What To Write?

PART 1: ERAS IN TIME

Right away I knew that I did not want to set my story in the present time.

Suffice to say, I really am not happy with the era in which I live. (Save for all the awesome technology I can't afford).

Often times I long for another moment of history. To be alive in a different decade, a different century.

Wishful thinking.

Particular time periods have always held a certain romance and fascination for me. Though I was not sure what place in time the yet-to-be constructed Moira's Lake would take place in, it sure wasn't going to be recent.

This was my opportunity to live in the past. (Since I do that anyway by constantly dwelling on everything).

Ideally, the story would be set in a simpler time, but not too far removed, as to not be relatable.


To be continued in part 2: Ghost Stories...

-Niko

RECENT ARTICLES:

RECENT NEWS:

RECENT PODCASTS:





    make custom gifts at Zazzle
    blog comments powered by Disqus