Friday, September 18, 2009

How We Failed You

It's not easy to say this, and a bit shameful to realize, but we've failed you.

We've dropped the ball and left everyone in the dark, potentially losing the interest of fans along the way. Perhaps even you.

And for that, I'm extremely sorry.

HOW WE FAILED

It may seem obvious, but communication is key to keeping people involved.

... Which is where I failed miserably.

Instead of maintaining our relationship, I disappeared into obscurity (at least where Envinity is concerned).

I closed down our main website, due to my disinterest in updating the page, leaving my only channel of "communication" to our poorly neglected Myspace page.

Myspace is an entirely separate topic, which I will go into detail on in another blog, but for now I'll just say that I hated dealing with that site too, for many reasons.

So where did that leave you?

Closed-off, and shut out with no means of asking questions, sharing your thoughts and feelings, or connecting with us.

WHAT WE'RE DOING TO CHANGE THINGS

With that behind me, I'm making a very strong change in how things will be structured going forward.

This may sound like political rhetoric, but I'm striving for a lot more transparency.

I want you to know what we are doing, and why.

I want to involve you in decisions that will affect you.

I want to hear your points of view.

I want you to feel like you have a real connection with the music.

I want to engage you in worthwhile discussions on music, art and philosophy (assuming you give a shit about those things).

In order to achieve this, I'm in the process of setting up several new places for us both to interact, have discussions, and stay connected on everything we are working on.

The first of these new places is this blog right here. It's much more direct and personal than the other places we've used in the past (I'm looking at you Myspace....).

I'm working like crazy to get everything else up and running, trying to juggle a day job with working on graphics, music, blogs, marketing plans, and more at the same time. More pieces of our new social puzzle will be in place within the next week.

Also, I'm going to be approaching this site from more of a blogger's perspective, which should translate into more frequent posts, and also more interesting content beyond the typical "hey, come to our show," or "buy our new album dudes!" that most bands give you. The details of this new content will be revealed later.

So, again, to those of you who have had no reason to stick with us, yet have anyway, a big 'thank you' goes your way (anything else I'd be arrested for). And my apologies for my several-year apathy.

We're back. Hopefully you are too.

NIKO
blog comments powered by Disqus